Year-end high point awards, first through fifth place, shall be presented by MSEDA at the annual meeting in the following eventing divisions or division sub-classifications. We reserve the right to combine sub-classifications if there are fewer than five qualifiers.
|a) Starter - Junior|
b) Starter - Senior
c) Starter - Master
d) Beginner Novice - Junior
e) Beginner Novice - Senior
f) Beginner Novice - Master
g) Novice - Junior
h) Novice - Senior
i) Novice - Master
j) Training - Junior
k) Training - Senior
l) Training - Master
m) Preliminary - Young Rider
n) Preliminary - Senior
o) Preliminary - Master
The following will also receive trophies and ribbons:
* Eventing High Point Award - Midnight Sam Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the horse who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** This award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* High Point Eventing Mare - The Philosopher Torphy - Awarded to the mnare who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** This award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* Eventing High Point Junior Rider - The Craig Bryant Memorial Trophy - Awarded to the rider under age 18 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Young Rider - Awarded to the rider age 18-21 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Senior Rider - The Bennet Trophy - Awarded to the rider age 22 - 49 who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year.
* Eventing High Point Master Rider -- The Helmut Gratz Trophy - Awarded to the rider age 50 and over who has amassed the highest number of points in eventing during the competition year. ** The award consists of a perpetual trophy as well as an individual trophy.
* Outstanding HorseTrials/Event - Must be sanctioned by MSEDA. This award is determined at the annual awards banquet by nomination and vote of the general membership.
The formula for achieving points is as follows:
** Points will be awarded to the first through fifth place finishers at MSEDA sanctioned competitions on a scale of five to one.
** Double points will be awarded at USEF and USEA sanctioned competitions that are also sanctioned by MSEDA.
** In the event that there are less than five starters in the class, the points decline correspondingly. In open divisions where there is no Junior/Senior/Masters sub-classification, points will be awarded for first through fifth places in that division and assigned to the proper Junior/Senior/Master sub-classifications.
|Placing||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th-8th||9th & 10th|
|5 or more Starters||5||4||3||2||1||0.5||0.5|
To be eligible for all awards:
1. The Competition Year begins on November 1 and runs through October 31 of the following year.
2. The rider must be a member in good standing and fulfill the minimum volunteer hours. (eight hours total -- four at either the Mid South Dressage Show or Mid South Team Challenge.) Click here for the Volunteer Hours Form.
3. Activate the horse - notify the secretary on the membership form the horse/rider combination. Points accrue only after activation date is in effect.
Events included so far:
Spring Bay Horse Trials: April 10-11, 2021
Meadow Lake Mini Trial & Combined Test: May 8, 2021
Miami Valley Horse Trials at Twin Towers: May 8, 2021
IEA Horse Trials: June 3-6, 2021
Blackhorse Stables Mini Trial: June 22, 2021
Blackhorse Stables Mini Trial: July 10-11, 2021
Midsouth Pony Club Horse Trials: June 25-27, 2021
|Laura||Crowl||Dinner at Malones||Preliminary||8||IEA|
|Laura||Crowl||Dinner at Malones||Preliminary||8||MSPCHT|
|Melanie||French||Princess Grazia||Beginner Novice||6||MIAMI|
|Melanie||French||Princess Grazia||Beginner Novice||2||MSPCHT|
|Tate||Northrop||Kadence van de Eikvelden||Novice||8||SPRBAY|
|Susan||Onorato||Flight Risk||Beginner Novice||8||IEA|
|Vivian||Pierce||Buck Naked||Beginner Novice||8||MSPCHT|
|Madeleine||Richards||Donail Arco Bennett||Training||6||MSPCHT|
|Kathryn||Richardson||Mr Brightside||Beginner Novice||1||BHJUNE|
|Ruth||Rosendaul||Master Piece Z||Novice||4||SPRBAY|
|Kerri||Sweet||Shake The Glitter Off||Novice||4||MSPCHT|
|Madison||Trenaman||Can't Dutch This||Beginner Novice||2||MSPCHT|
|Ashley||Wiemers||Lucy Sophia Diamond||Beginner Novice||2||SPRBAY|
|Alison||Zeitlin||Royal Report||Beginner Novice||10||SPRBAY|
|Alison||Zeitlin||Royal Report||Beginner Novice||8||MSPCHT|
|Megan||Moore||Master Machiavelli||Beginner Novice||5||MLAKEJUNE|